1931 Duesenberg Model J Long-Wheelbase CoupeOriginally Owned by Captain George Whittell, Jr.
Coachwork by Walter M. Murphy Co.
Estimate Available Upon Request
- The Most Elegant American Automobile
- An Early Frank Hershey Design Masterpiece
- One-Off Coupe Coachwork by Murphy
- An Abundance of Bespoke Features
- Part of The Whittell Duesenberg Collection for Two Decades
- Outstanding Documented Provenance
- An Exceptionally Correct and Genuine Model J
- Only Five Owners and 12,500 Miles from New
- Pebble Beach Class-Winning Restoration
- 420 CID DOHC Inline 8-Cylinder EngineSingle Schebler Dual-Throat Updraft Carburetor265 BHP at 4,200 RPM3-Speed Manual Gearbox with Freewheeling4-Wheel Hydraulic Drum BrakesLive-Axle Suspension With Semi-Elliptical Leaf Springs and Double-Acting Hydraulic-Lever Shock Absorbers
VIEW MORE VEHICLES FROM THIS AUCTION
1960 Renault 4CV Resort Special$35,000 - $55,000
1917 Packard Twin Six 2-35 All-Weather Landaulet$80,000 - $120,000