Elegant Park Ward-Bodied Phantom V Limousine
Custom Built for the London High Commissioner for Nigeria
Special Order Interior Includes Liquor Cabinet and Vanity Fittings
Accompanied by Rolls-Royce Foundation Historical Documentation
Ideal Candidate for RROC Concours and Touring Events
6,230 CC OHV V-8 engine
Twin SU H6 Carburetors
Estimated 220 BHP
4-Speed Automatic Transmission
Servo-Assisted Hydraulic Front and Mechanical Rear Brakes
Independent Coil-Spring Front Suspension
Live Rear Axle with Semi-Elliptical Leaf Springs
When the Rolls-Royce Silver Wraith was discontinued, there was still a demand for a limousine-worthy chassis. The all-new Phantom V chassis, introduced in 1959, was powered by the aluminum V-8 engine and was coupled to the Hydra-Matic automatic transmission. Built to order for some of Rolls-Royce’s most important clients, just 516 Phantom Vs were constructed in a variety of body styles through 1968. According to factory documentation, this impressive Park Ward Limousine, chassis 5AS69, was delivered in April 1960 and outfitted with a flag mast and a diplomatic seal plaque holder, radio antenna, and high-frequency horns at the request of its first owner, the UK-based High Commissioner for Nigeria.
The Rolls-Royce is presented today in its original color of Mason’s Black, with cashmere upholstery replacing the original maroon trim in the passenger compartment. Specified with a power-operated division window, the limousine features a fitted cigarette case, notebook and vanities, and a gleaming burled-walnut drinks cabinet containing two crystal decanters and four glasses centered between the two rear opera seats. Neatly integrated twin air-conditioning units were added, presumably during the 1980s, when the car was in a Texas collection.
With an honest presentation, well-documented ownership history, and a distinguished past, this well-maintained and exclusive Rolls-Royce Limousine will provide many more years of enjoyment for its fortunate new owners.