Last updated July 22, 2019
The Information Gooding & Company Collects:
- Information That You Provide To Us Directly:
When using the Site, such as when you contact us, make a purchase, register for auctions, or submit absentee bids, you may provide Gooding with your information, including your driver license number, passport number, dealer or reseller license numbers, bank account numbers and branch information, credit card numbers, physical and electronic address, phone and fax numbers.
- Information That We Collect Automatically:
- Information from Other Sources:
The Way Gooding & Company Uses Information:
The Site is highly personalized, and we use your information in a variety of ways and for a variety of reasons in the operation of our business, including:
- By submitting financial information in a registration or absentee bidding form, you are expressly authorizing Gooding to use such information, alone or in combination with other information, for the purpose of verifying available credit for purchases at the auction, including by contacting your financial institution and/or card issuer to verify account balances and available credit.
- To operate, maintain, enhance, and provide all of the features and services found on the Site.
- To personalize your experience of the Site. For example, when you log back in, we may welcome you back to the Site by name, present you with a customized user interface, or recommend features or content on the Site we think you may be interested in.
- To contact you for administrative, informational, or customer service purposes, such as to communicate with you regarding the status of your registration application, to notify you of changes to the Terms or to the details of an Auction (such as a modification to a listing in the catalog), or to follow up on registration or absentee bidder form submissions.
- To understand and analyze the usage trends, interests, and preferences of our users, to improve the way the Site works and looks, and to create new features and functionality.
- To send promotional emails, personalize our services, and deliver customized online advertisements, content, and information.
- To monitor and analyze the effectiveness of Gooding and third-party marketing activities and aggregate usage metrics, such as total number of visitors or pages viewed.
- To track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities.
- For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
When Gooding Discloses Information:
We are not in the business of selling your information. We do, however, need to disclose your information in the following circumstances in the ordinary course of operating our business.
- Gooding works with third-party service providers who conduct website and application development, hosting, and maintenance as well as other services for us. To the extent it is necessary for these service providers to complete their contractual obligations to Gooding, these third parties may have access to or process your information. The Site allows you to link accounts with third-party services and push certain information regarding your use of the Site to such third-party service providers. The third-party operating the Linked Account will have access to your information for this purpose.
- Gooding may contact the bank you identify, or the issuer of your credit card, in order to verify that you have sufficient account balances and/or available credit for purchases at auctions, and in such cases Gooding will share your applicable information with such third parties to the extent reasonably necessary for the purposes of conducting such verification.
- Gooding may make aggregated information available to third parties to assist such parties in understanding our users’ interests, habits, and usage patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality available through the Site.
- Gooding may also disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws, or in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with investigative or law enforcement activity. Gooding also reserves the right to disclose information that we believe is appropriate or necessary to take precautions against liability; to protect Gooding and others from fraudulent, abusive, unlawful, or otherwise inappropriate uses or misuse of the Site; to investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations; to assist government enforcement agencies; to protect the security or integrity of the Site; or to protect the rights, property, security, and/or safety of Gooding, our users, or others.
- Gooding may share information for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect the information or pursuant to your consent.
Third-Party Advertising, Links, And Content:
Do-Not-Track Signals and Similar Mechanisms:
Some web browsers transmit “do-not-track” signals to websites. Because of differences in how web browsers incorporate and activate this feature, it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether they even are aware of them. We currently do not take action in response to these signals.
You may, of course, decline to share certain information with Gooding, in which case Gooding may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality found on the Site. You may update, correct, or delete your profile information and preferences at any time by accessing your account preferences page through the Site. Please note that while your changes may be reflected promptly in active user databases, we may retain all information you submit for a variety of purposes, including backups and archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, and analytics.
To protect your privacy and security, we take steps to verify your identity before granting you account access or making corrections to your information.
You may be able to disable or block cookies and similar technologies. Please review your web browser “Help” section to learn how to change your cookie settings and similar controls. Please note that if you delete, or choose not to accept, cookies from the Site, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Site to their fullest potential.
You may opt-out of receiving commercial messages from us by updating your account settings through the Site or unsubscribing as instructed in the message.
Gooding uses certain physical, managerial, and technical safeguards designed to help improve the integrity and security of your information. Nevertheless, no physical or technical system, process, transmission, or storage mechanism is completely secure or immune from outages, losses, attacks, circumvention, design or implementation flaws, and human error. Therefore, we cannot and do not ensure or warrant that information you transmit to Gooding will not be lost, accessed, or compromised, either during or after transmission.
In the Event of Merger or Sale:
In the event that all or a portion of Gooding or its assets is acquired by or merged with a third-party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information that we have collected from users in connection with such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control.