Auctions and Brokerage
*Please note this vehicle is titled by its engine number.
The original Jaguar XK120 Roadster was built in only six weeks for London’s 1948 Earls Court Motor Show. William Lyons hoped to sell about 100 XK120s a year, but after constructing 240 aluminum bodies, steel was pressed into service to meet demand. The XK120s combined sensuous lines with dazzling performance and the roadster proved to be most popular, with 7,631 built between 1949 and 1954.
This roadster was sold by Max Hoffman in 1953 and acquired from its first owner by the Palisi family in 1958. They competed with the XK120 at JCNA Empire Division events in the 1960s, winning best-performing Jaguar at the Lime Rock Park time trials in 1967. A restoration by Tom Palisi Sr. and Jr. led to three JCNA National Championships, victory at the 1998 50th anniversary XK120 event, Best of Show at the South Florida Jaguar Club in 2006, the 2002 Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance Amelia Award, Best of Show at the 2003 Festival of Exotic Cars at Mount Dora, and Best Sports Car at Dunedin in 2003–2004.
Upon acquiring this XK120 in 2005, the consignor directed Vantage Motors in Stamford, Connecticut, to attend to anything necessary. The documented overhaul totaled $22,319. Showing 64,089 miles, this roadster comes with a JDHT Certificate, manuals, tools, unused side screens, and a soft top. This Jaguar XK120 is ready to be enjoyed on the concours circuit or open road.