Auctions and Brokerage
The TF, unveiled in 1953, represented a major development for MG and today is one of the most desirable of the T-Series, as it represents the final evolution of MG’s classic design. Introduced in 1954, the revised TF 1500 offered a significant improvement in overall performance and is now considered the ultimate development of these beloved MG sports cars.
According to the British Motor Industry Heritage Trust, TF7776 was built in November 1954 and dispatched to North America. This MG TF benefits from a comprehensive restoration completed in 2005. Desirable accessories include chrome wire wheels, Lucas driving lamps, Brooklands screens, and books and tools. Beautifully presented in a striking color combination of black over red leather upholstery, this MG TF 1500 is complete with tan weather gear.
The T Factory Production Record and BMHT Certificate list the original engine number as “XPEG/1599,” which is seen stamped on the block today. This exceptional car was purchased in 2005 by MG Owners Club enthusiasts and won several documented accolades at shows and concours, including three First Place awards.
This fine example of the top-of-the-line TF 1500 is a desirable postwar MG, and embodies British motoring in the mid-1950s.