Auctions and Brokerage
Coachwork by Reutter
*Please note that this vehicle has been in long-term static storage and may not be currently operational. It will require mechanical attention prior to road use.
Unveiled in late 1959, the Porsche 356 B introduced a variety of important technical refinements and an updated body style. The 356 B could be specified with three pushrod engines, ranging from the normal 60 hp to the ultimate Super 90. Equipped with Solex carburetors and capable of revving to 5,500 rpm, the Super 90 offered performance approaching that of the exotic four-cam Carrera, but with greater reliability and ease of maintenance.
According to a copy of the Porsche Kardex, this Super 90 Coupe was completed in May 1960, finished in Elfenbein (Ivory) with red leatherette upholstery. Consistent with its top-of-the-line mechanical specification, this car was generously optioned with chrome wheels, electric clock, passenger-side headrest, armrests, and a Blaupunkt Bremen radio.
Delivered new to the famed Brumos Porsche Car Corp. in Jacksonville, this Porsche is believed to have always resided in Florida. Milton Litwiller of Bradenton purchased the Super 90 Coupe in November 1965 and it remained in his possession until 2019. Last road-registered in 1981 and stored alongside his 356 A Cabriolet (Lot 167) for over three decades, the Super 90 Coupe presents today in unrestored condition, retaining its matching-numbers engine, tool kit, jack, and much of its original upholstery. Never before offered for public sale, this 356 B is a prime candidate for a complete show-quality restoration or perhaps a more sympathetic mechanical recommissioning.