Auctions and Brokerage
Coachwork by Reutter
*Please note that a Porsche Certificate of Authenticity and period correct hand-made Moroccan leather case are included in the sale of this car. Please also note that since the time of cataloging GK Restorations has performed additional sorting and detailing on this 356.
Porsche’s 356 B debuted at Frankfurt in September 1959 with new T-5 bodywork and many subtle yet effective refinements. The 356 B graduated to the more refined T-6 body from 1962, which continued with the subsequent 356 C through the end of 356 production in 1965. The 356 B, particularly in T-6 and Super form, remains immensely collectible and enjoyable today.
Numbered 121894, this Porsche was built during September 1962 and purchased new after completion of fight training by US Navy Lieutenant (J.G.) Malcolm H. “Kip” Tinker from a VW-Porsche dealer in Fresno, California. He retained the Porsche for the next 50 years, eventually commissioning a complete, photo-documented restoration in 2009 by Eurowerks in Campbell, Texas, with the engine rebuilt by Performance Engineering in Los Angeles, the gearbox rebuilt by Vic Skirmants, and the instruments restored at North Hollywood Speedometer.
The Porsche was acquired by the consignor from Tinker in late 2013. Today, it is well sorted and remains in excellent condition, having accumulated approximately 3,000 miles since restoration. Featuring original colors and a period luggage rack, the Porsche retains numerous factory-correct details to thrill enthusiasts with excellent documentation to match, including the original 1963 California license plate and selling dealer’s business card.