Auctions and Brokerage
This 1956 Maserati A6G/54 Coupe, chassis 2140, is one of only four examples built by Carrozzeria Frua from a limited run of only 60 chassis built, making it one of the most exclusive coachbuilt Maseratis of the 1950s. This particular A6G/54 debuted on the Maserati stand at the prestigious 1956 Paris Motor Show, after which it was delivered new to prominent French architect Jacques Fildier. In 1959, it joined the esteemed Roger Baillon collection and was famously rediscovered in 2015, still in unrestored, barn-find condition.
Since its acquisition by its most recent caretaker, the fourth owner and the first out of France, this car has been driven on the California Mille, displayed at Concorso d’Eleganza Villa d’Este, and Hampton Court, in addition to being awarded in the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance® Preservation class. Finished in black with a light blue roof and original beige leather upholstery, chassis 2140 is presented with a fantastic patina, and is among the last of the A6 Maseratis to remain in exceptional unrestored condition.